To assist with your knowledge and understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Bedford, Luton, & Milton Keynes (BLMK) have developed e-learning modules for anyone who works with, or encounters, children and young people, aged 0 to 25, with SEND.
The e-learning consists of three engaging and interactive modules to explore at your own pace. The learning programme will take up to 2 hours to complete and has the ability to be paused. We recommend you complete the modules in order of 1 to 3.
Description of the modules
Starting with the introduction module, this programme has been designed for anyone who works with, or encounters, children and young people aged 0 to 25 with Special Educational Needs and Disability.
Module 1: context and legislative framework
- Learning outcome: key legislation and statutory processes related to SEND
Module 2: graduated response and person centred planning
- Learning outcomes: from this module include being able to list the different types of special educational needs and disabilities along with being able to demonstrate what person centred planning is and how it is implemented in practice
Module 3: education and health & care plans
- Learning outcomes: from this module helps you understand what the EHC needs assessment and EHC plans are and recognise when they are required.
You can access the modules via Google Chrome Browser
- If you are a Luton Council employee
- If you are not a Luton Council employee and you will be required to sign up/log in, then search for SEND Collection under Course Library
- If you are a member of the Cambridge Community Services, please continue to access through the Central Bedfordshire website.
If you have any issues accessing these modules please contact: email@example.com or call on: 01582 547744