The Local Offer is an access point for parents/carers of children and young people aged from 0 to 25 years with special educational needs. It gives information about education, health and social care services available in the Luton area.
How should the local offer help?
- provide one place to go for all information needed on education, health and social care services
- be easy to navigate through complex information from a wide range of sources
- help users find the information they need quickly and easily
- provide clear, transparent, relevant and accurate information about current services in a way which can be understood and accessed by all
- provide links to other websites (such as early years settings /schools /colleges) where further information about a service will be available.
What is the aim of the local offer?
To provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about support and opportunities available for children and young people with special educational needs in the Luton area
To ensure that the provision of services in education, health and social care are more responsive to local needs and aspirations of children and young people by directly involving them, their parents/ carers and service providers in its development and review.
Other regional local offers
The Children and Families Act (March 2014) requires local authorities to 'publish a local offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available for children and young people in their area who have special educational needs'.
We have included links below to other regional SEND Local Offer websites which may be of use to you:
- Bedford Borough SEND Local Offer (link opens in new window)
- Buckinghamshire SEND Local Offer (link opens in new window)
- Centrarl Bedfordshire SEND Local Offer (link opens in new window)
- Hertfordshire SEND Local Offer (link opens in new window)
Our Luton SEND newsletters aims to keep famililes or professionals who work with families, children and young people, with SEND, informed of all the new developments in the service.
Click the button below to opt in to our bi-monthly newsletters. You can choose from 2 versions - one for parents, one for professionals, or both.