The Karen Trust
Charity dedicated to the memory of Luton mother Karen Singh, who died of a brain tumour in 2009 age 38. The mission of The Karen Trust is to open a dedicated retreat home in the UK for terminally ill cancer patients.
Our ultimate aim is to raise funds to design, build and open a dedicated retreat house in the UK for terminally ill cancer sufferers. Whilst we work towards that goal we will be providing interim financial support to terminally ill cancer patients on a quarterly basis.
Money is raised throughout the year from events organised by The Karen Trust and by individual supporters of The Karen Trust through various fundraising events. A predefined amount is distributed by the Board of Trustees a minimum of four times a year, on receipt of completed application forms. Requests for support should be made directly to The Karen Trust or through our partner Keech Hospice Care.
Consideration for funding will be given to those meeting the following criteria:
- Terminally ill cancer patients
- Patients with low or no income. Priority will be given to those people who are in receipt of Income Support. Patients may be asked to complete a Financial Disclosure form
- Patients will be from the 30 plus age group.
The aim of The Karen Trust is to make a difference to terminally ill cancer sufferers lives. This may take the form of:
- A short break within the UK to spend some time with loved ones
- A one off financial donation to help with any immediate needs
- A one off financial donation to fulfill a lifetime dream
Applications can be made using the online form on the website.
Who to contact
Where to go
5 Roundwood Lane
- AL5 3BW
Last updated 22/02/2018