Age Concern Luton
Age Concern Luton have been helping older people improve their overall quality of life, receive timely practical help, get out and about and retain dignity in later life for nearly 25 years.
We know that retirement can be a great opportunity for you to do all the things you’ve dreamt of and planned. Age Concern Luton have a host of clubs and activities on offer which have been designed with other older people and can help you make the most of your golden years! However, we also know that being older can often make the problems you face seem much more difficult to overcome and so we have a range of practical services that can help you get the right support when you need it most.
We offer a number of services to older people including:
- home support (shopping, cleaning, laundry)
- home repair (help around the house)
- advice and advocacy (benefit and/or housing advice, advocacy, financial guidance and information)
- wellbeing services (face-to-face and telephone befriending, lunch clubs, day trips)
- hospital discharge service (we can provide a range of support to you, or a loved one, after being discharged from hospital)
Being able to make friendships, socialise and play an active role locally has an amazing effect on people’s happiness. At our lunch clubs, members can get a freshly cooked hot meal and the opportunity to sit, talk and play games with other people.
All our clubs are member-led which means members decide what activities should be offered – in the last year we’ve had sing-a-longs, arts and crafts, bingo, quizzes, dominoes, and countless other fun things to do.
For further information or if you're experiencing a problem or have a concern but aren’t sure if we can help, please give us a call on the phone number below, we would be glad to assist you.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Age Concern Luton
39 King Street
- LU1 2DW
Last updated 25/11/2021