Children Under Fives with Special Educational Needs
Luton’s vision for children with special educational needs and disabilities is the same as for all children - that they achieve well in early years, and at school to enable them to lead happy and fulfilled lives within a safe environment and where they have choice and control.
This includes children with autistic spectrum disorders, behaviour that challenges, profound and complex health needs, physical disability, cognitive needs and sensory impairments.
In Luton setting staff (with your agreement) receive advice from specialist services to support your children needs when in a nursery setting.
My child isn’t in a nursery……. Where can I get help?
Any professional who works with you (For example a health Visitor, Discharge team at the L&D hospital, physiotherapist) can complete a notification form with your permission which will be sent to Luton Special Educational Needs Service (SENS)
We will explore how we can help and will advise you on the best cause of action. This may be
- Support to find a placement in a nursery (if and when you want one) who have the experience and knowledge to support your child’s special needs.
- Support from a specialist early years professional who may visit you at home.
- A place offered at a special needs opportunity play group which you attend with your child. Activities are carefully matched to your child’s needs. You will have access to talk to experienced professionals and meet other parents and children.
If you would like to know more please contact
Special Educational Needs Service (SENS)
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Gold Coker
- Contact Position
- Administrator for the Special educational Needs Service (SENS)
- 01582 548151
Where to go
- Special Educational Needs Service (SENS)
Futures House, The Moakes, Marsh Farm, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 3QB
- LU3 3QB
- Referral required
Last updated 13/01/2020