BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
Who we can help: service users
Contact: Rajesh Pancholi, 01582 455295, firstname.lastname@example.org
Support offered: elderly, shopping, medicine
We would be happy to offer our help to the elderly or infirm, and those that may be self-isolating that need assistance with collecting shopping or medications whilst they are confined to their house.
The BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha is a spiritual, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to improving society through individual growth by fostering the Hindu ideals of faith, unity, and selfless service.
BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha is a registered and reputed Charitable Trust in India, and an NGO in Consultative Status with the EcoSoC of the United Nations. It has won many awards and honorable mentions for its activities, including International awards for Environmental activities and National awards for Child-upliftment and for Animal care.
BAPS activities include:
- Spiritual activities are rooted in the Mandirs – centers of faith and devotion.
- Medical activities - BAPS runs charitable hospitals and clinics, diagnostic and donation camps, and mobile medical vans in rural areas.
- Education is another focus area, with many schools and hostels being managed by BAPS.
- Pro-environmental actions such as tree planting, waste recycling and well recharging have been part of BAPS activities since its inception.
For further details of BAPS activities please visit the website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
39 Crescent Road
- LU2 0AH
Last updated 21/04/2020