Cats Protection champions neutering as the only effective way to reduce the number of unwanted cats in the UK
We seek to dispel myths, spread the neutering message and make it easier for owners on low incomes to get their cats neutered. In some cases, especially where owners are in financial hardship, some of our centres and branches may be able to help with neutering costs.
From humble beginnings in 1927, Cats Protection has grown to become the UK's leading feline welfare charity.
We help around 200,000 cats and kittens every year through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 centres.
For more information visit the What we do on the Cat Protection website.
Cats Protection are running a neutering campaign in the LU1 to LU7 postcode areas
Under the campaign you can get your pet cat neutered at a discount
If you live in a LU postcode the guidelines for eligibility for neutering assistance apply to one or more of the following:
- receipt of certain means tested benefits
- low household income
- full time students living away from home
- state only pension
- pension credit
Proof of eligibility will be required by the vet in order to participate in the scheme
For more information visit the Luton regional neutering campaign website.
List of participating vets:
- Luton Vets4Pets (Inside Pets at Home) -Unit 5 Luton Retail Park, Luton, LU1 3SH (Tel: 01582 721121)
- Luton Vets4Pets - 370 Hitchin Road, Luton, LU2 7SR (Tel: 01582 720088)
- Biscot Mill Vets - 324 Biscot Road, Luton, LU3 1AZ (Tel: 01582 730105)
- Ark House - 22 Hockcliffe Street, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 1HJ (Tel: 01525 373329)
- Companion Care - Groverbury Road, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4SW (Tel: 01525 384985)
Who to contact
Last updated 14/10/2021