Disability Employment Adviser (DEA)
A Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) at your local Jobcentre can help you find a job or gain new skills and tell you about disability friendly employers in your area.
They can also refer you to a specialist work psychologist, if appropriate, or carry out an ‘employment assessment’, asking you about:
- your skills and experience
- what kind of roles you’re interested in
Ask to speak to a DEA at your local Jobcentre.
Your DEA can tell you about programmes and grants to help you back into work. These include:
- Work Choice - to help you find a job, and get support when you start work
- Residential Training - to give you work experience and training
- Access to Work - money towards a support worker or for the cost of equipment or travelling to work
Who to contact
0345 604 3719
Textphone: 0345 608 8551
You can use the 0845 code to call these 0345 numbers. Check with your phone company which code is cheaper for you.
Where to go
- Luton Jobcentre Plus
- LU1 2ER
Last updated 22/04/2014