YAWN Life offers Day opportunities to people with learning disabilities. The activities we provide are all aimed at using and improving the skills needed to live a happy and fulfilling life.
Key features of YAWN life include:
- Skills building throught real life activities
- Supported volunteering in the community
- Healthy active lifestyles
- Promotion of confidence, responsibility and appropriate behaviour
- Small sociable groups
- Client centred
- Self funded or paid for with support from social care where qualifying
- Full or half days available
- In house transport if required
- Additional days available in college holidays/ shut downs.
Support and information for carers and parents.
Being a carer of someone with a learning disability can be challenging particularly in the ever changing world of services and benefits. We can help with guidance and support.
Our Carer Support and Information Service is specifically for unpaid carers of people with learning disabilities, this includes people who receive carers allowance.
Whatever you need help with, we will listen and provide the support and information you need to enable you to move forward. Strategies for coping, information on services available, ideas for holidays and respite, your rights as a carer, benefits and other financial support, planning for the future, accepting change and much more.
Who to contact
Where to go
YAWN Life cic
1 - 13 CHobham Street
- LU1 3BS
Last updated 26/07/2018