Children’s Community Physiotherapy
The community physiotherapy team work with children in Luton and the South beds area. The Physiotherapy team aims to:
- Evaluate your child’s abilities in relation to their physical development
- Provide an individual physiotherapy treatment plan
- Promote health, wellbeing and therapeutic handling
- Educate parents and careers
- Provide aids for standing and mobility
- Provide exercises for home and school
- Liaise with parents, medical staff and school
- Maximise your child’s functional independence.
Our main base is at the Redgrave Children and Young People’s Centre but we also provide therapy within special and mainstream schools, providing information and advice to staff.
Our caseload consists of children ranging from ages 0-18 and present with a variety of different conditions, including cerebral palsy, genetically acquired syndromes and muscular dystrophy. Referral into this service is via the child's GP, Consultant or any other health or education professional and should be sent to;
Community Paediatric Physiotherapy, Redgrave Children and Young People's Centre, Marsh Farm, Luton LU3 3QN.
We work alongside other health and education professionals including Paediatricians, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Health Visitors, Social Services Teams, Orthotics and Wheelchair Services.
Many of our children require complex surgeries and therefore will also liaise with tertiary hospitals during these periods.
The Community Paediatric Physiotherapy Team can be contacted on 01582 346 000
DocumentsDownload: Referral Form
Who to contact
- 01582 346 000
Last updated 05/08/2020