Luton Asian Carers Support Service
Five support groups providing services for Asian Carers have come together to form a partnership with Centre for Youth and Community Development (CYCD). This partnership aims to provide more and better support for the carers in Luton.
Their volunteers and staff will continue to identify new ‘hidden’ carers
- Culturally appropriate individualised support for carers to promote their Health and Wellbeing (continue to run exercise sessions and health checks)
- Provide help and support for carers and their families, making home visits when necessary.
- Provide accessible information (in different community languages, verbally face to face or on the phone) and through CYCD website.
- Provide advocacy and signpost carers to Luton Asian Carers Support own health and wellbeing services as well as other relevant services.
- Working with partners and other agencies to provide the best services available for carers to improve their quality of life
- Facilitate carers to develop their own support network through regular support sessions (making new friends, learning new skills)
- Provide opportunity for carers to access recreational and leisure activities to promote their social inclusion and reduce isolation.
Teams of volunteers and staff are based at each of these groups. Please see the contact details below.
Who to contact
Bandhob (Bangladeshi Community) - Mr Fazilat Ali Khan 01582 519500
Guru Nanak (Sikh Community) - Mrs Shindar Mudhar 01582 478426
Guru Ravidass (Sikh Community) - Mr Kishore Kaler 01582 450053
Khidmat (Pakistani/Kashmiri Communities) - Mr A H Dawood 01582 435242
Ujala (Hindu Community) - Mr V Pattni 01582 562139
- Luton Asian Carers Support Service
Contact form on website.
Where to go
- Centre for Youth and Community Development (CYCD)
94-106 Leagrave Road
- LU4 8HZ
Last updated 08/02/2018