Shree Sanatan Seva Samaj
Shree Sanatan Seva Samaj was established in 1975 and registered as a Hindu Mandir and a Community Centre serving the local community in and around Luton with over 800 life members registered. It was the first place of worship and a centre for the Hindu community in Bedfordshire.
The centre's contribution to the religious welfare and cultural, educational and recreational life of the community has benefited the community in Luton. It is the only Hindu Mandir in Luton practicing Sanatan Dharma and as such we celebrate all the major Hindu festivals throughout the year where a large number of devotees within Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire attend these events.
We are also the first Fairtrade Hindu Mandir in the UK to be granted a certificate by the Fairtrade association for using and promotes the use of fair trade products.
As a Community centre we provide many activities for young and old alike:
- Luncheon Club for the elderly.
- Dance, Yoga and Archery classes.
- Hindi and Gujarati classes for children from the age of 6 years and upwards till GCSE level.
- Music classes where Indian Musical Instruments such as Harmonium and Tablas are taught.
- Regular excursions to the centre visited by many main stream schools and colleges to learn about the Hindu religion as part of their religious education.
- Health Seminars, where members of the medical profession present various health topics.
Visit our website for further details.
Who to contact
- 01582 663414
Where to go
- Hindu Mandir/ Community Centre
- LU4 0PS
- Related links
DisabledGo Accessibility Guide
Last updated 02/12/2021