Autism Spectrum team
This is a specialist team, part of the Special Educational Needs Service (SENS) which works with children and young people from 3 to post-16 year olds with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
We offer advice and support for parents, carers and schools and accept referrals from a range of professionals in consultation with the family. See link below for further information.
The Autism Spectrum team also run support groups. For more information please the links below
There are currently two groups in Luton for families of children and young people affected by autism you can visit the other group pages here:
- FLAG – a group for all families with children up to the age of 25
- SWAN - Support with Autism Network
Autism West Midlands have prepared many free information sheets which can be downloaded as PDFs. They contain practical advice and strategies for families, carers, teachers and other professionals.
Basic information on autism is also available in community languages in the downloads section of the Autism West Midlands website.
DocumentsDownload: Finding a school for children with autism / aspergers
Download: FLAG autumn meeting dates
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Leagrave Centre
The Leagrave Centre
- LU4 9ND
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Selected Thursdays 4.30-5.30pm. The Autism Team are currently hosting the parent support groups online. This is a combined venture for FLAG and SWAN.
- Time of day
- Other notes
How to join:
- Sign up to the FLAG or SWAN mailing list
- Request to join the Zoom Meeting
- Await the joining instructions.
Last updated 15/11/2021