Luton SENDIAS Service
The Luton Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS) was previously known as the Luton Parent Partnership.
The information, advice and support provided is to help enable children, young people and their parents / carers to participate in decisions regarding their education needs, in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We provide information and support to:
- parents / carers of children with SEN or disabilities
- children and young people with SEN or disabilities
What is an information, advice and support service?
What can Luton SENDIAS do?
We offer confidential, impartial and accurate information relating to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability. This includes:
- SEN Code of Practice - 2001 and 2014
- Special education need processes
- Your rights and options
- How you can access support – including independent support
- Listen and provide encouragement
- Help you make sense of information and apply it to your own situation
- Discuss options and look at the possible consequences of the choices available to you.
- Supporting you in discussions with the local authority, school or other settings
- Attending meetings with you
- Helping you understand official reports and write letters
- Provide you with a volunteer who can support you.
Who to contact if you need information, advice or support relating to the special education needs
For further information on Luton SENDIAS service please visit our website that is accessible to all service users
Who to contact
Last updated 17/11/2020