Skip to main content

Child performance licences and chaperone licences

A child may need a licence if they’re under school leaving age and taking part in:

  • films, plays, concerts or other public performances that the audience pays to see, or that take place on licensed premises
  • any sporting events or modelling assignments where the child is paid

The person in charge of running the event must apply to the child’s local council for a child performance licence. Ask the council if you’re not sure you need one.

If the child will not be with their parent or school teacher, they must be supervised by a chaperone approved by the council. Chaperones can apply for approval from the council as well

For more information please contact Education Welfare at Luton Council or call 01582 548174

Who to contact

Contact Position
Education Welfare Service

Last updated 22/01/2020