Your Work Your Way - employment support for potential second earners in families
Your Work, Your Way is an innovative work support programme for potential second earners from low-income families, helping them to overcome barriers to get into work and progress.
The project offers tailored employment support to potential second earners in families living in Luton, and includes a one-year of personalised support to help participants to find a route into work, and to explore effective ways to overcome the barriers they face.
Your Work, Your Way is a research project, funded by Barclays and delivered by the Child Poverty Action Group, aiming to examine the barriers to work for second earners in couples as two incomes are more effective in preventing poverty.
Your Work, Your Way participants will benefit from:
- individualised support from an experienced personal support coach who understands the needs of parents
- a specialist benefits advisor to help maximise household income
- some funding for specific costs such as courses, travel or childcare
Employment support duration: September 2021 to September 2022
Who to contact
Where to go
Venue to be updated soon.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Participants' Eligibility criteria:
- Potential second earners in a couple with dependent children – where the partner has a job but the participant doesn’t, or the participant has a job but it’s low paid and a better one is wanted
- Living in Luton
- On Universal Credit or Tax credits (or eligible but not currently claiming)
Last updated 23/09/2021